Thursday, April 8, 2010

Enquirer: Mr. Apprentice, what the dickens gave you - such a bockety fellow - the idea of starting a blog?

The Apprentice: My dear sir, it was the parting words of the late Sir Ian Bloggage that put fire under me. I was one of few lucky enough to be by his bed-side the evening he expired.

A mere twinkling before he passed on, he grapped my arm with a fiercesome look in his smouldering eyes and with his last breath, he rasped out these words: "Have at you sir! Thou must start a blog! Do not stand onion-eyed; begin anon - indeed, dear sir, begin presently!"

And then, just like that, he died.

Well, dear sir, what could I do? I put it off as long as I could and well, yesterday evening as the sun was going down, I got to it.

Enquirer: I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment